Everyone has a passion, a dream.
Let's take a closer look at yarn.
Yarn has a past and future.
All of my kids are made with love, they make great companions for kids and adults alike, and some are even collectable. As an artist, something I find interesting is color psychology, so I will share a bit on this topic. No matter the color of you Lil Luvvies, you can be sure to have a great friend to pass down through generations. Let’s touch on color psychology now.
- Yarn has been used for thousands of years and was first spun by hand from plant and animal fibers.
- The world’s largest ball of yarn was created by a man named Frank Stachowiak in 2006. It weighs over 21,000 pounds and took four years to complete.
- Yarn can be made from a variety of materials, including wool, cotton, silk, linen, and synthetic fibers such as acrylic and nylon.
- The thickness or weight of yarn is measured in terms of “ply.” Single-ply yarn has only one strand, while two-ply yarn has two strands twisted together.
- Yarn can be used for more than just knitting and crocheting. It can be used for weaving, embroidery, macrame, and even as a decoration for gift wrapping or party favors.
- The process of hand-dyeing yarn is an art form that allows for unique, one-of-a-kind creations. There are many techniques and methods for hand-dyeing yarn, including dip-dyeing, tie-dyeing, and kettle-dyeing.
- Yarn bombing, also known as guerrilla knitting, is a form of street art where knitted or crocheted pieces are used to cover public objects such as trees, benches, and statues.
- In some cultures, the colors and patterns used in yarn have special meanings. For example, in traditional Peruvian knitting, the colors and motifs used in a garment can indicate a person’s social status or village of origin.
- The Guinness World Record for the fastest time to knit a sweater by hand is held by Miriam Tegels from the Netherlands, who knitted a sweater in just over four hours.
- Yarn can have therapeutic benefits, as the repetitive motions of knitting or crocheting can help reduce stress and anxiety levels.
For kids and adults.
These Are My Kids
Order Your Lil Luvvies Today!
If you don’t see a Lil Luvvies to take home today, contact me for a special order anI will bring one to life.
100% Quality Guarantee
All of our Luvvies are made with acrylic and/or polyester yarn providing safe and innovative sensory experiences for children and adults alike. A soft and lovable friend that gets passed down through generations and picked up as family. You can choose an existing LiL Luvvies design or request a custom order. Either way, your Luvvie will be one of a kind and made with you in mind.