Everyone has a passion, a dream.
Let's take a closer look at yarn.
Yarn has a past and future.
All of my kids are made with love, they make great companions for kids and adults alike, and some are even collectable. As an artist, something I find interesting is color psychology, so I will share a bit on this topic. No matter the color of you Lil Luvvies, you can be sure to have a great friend to pass down through generations. Let’s touch on color psychology now.
- Yarn has been used for thousands of years and was first spun by hand from plant and animal fibers.
- The world’s largest ball of yarn was created by a man named Frank Stachowiak in 2006. It weighs over 21,000 pounds and took four years to complete.
- Yarn can be made from a variety of materials, including wool, cotton, silk, linen, and synthetic fibers such as acrylic and nylon.
- The thickness or weight of yarn is measured in terms of “ply.” Single-ply yarn has only one strand, while two-ply yarn has two strands twisted together.
- Yarn can be used for more than just knitting and crocheting. It can be used for weaving, embroidery, macrame, and even as a decoration for gift wrapping or party favors.
- The process of hand-dyeing yarn is an art form that allows for unique, one-of-a-kind creations. There are many techniques and methods for hand-dyeing yarn, including dip-dyeing, tie-dyeing, and kettle-dyeing.
- Yarn bombing, also known as guerrilla knitting, is a form of street art where knitted or crocheted pieces are used to cover public objects such as trees, benches, and statues.
- In some cultures, the colors and patterns used in yarn have special meanings. For example, in traditional Peruvian knitting, the colors and motifs used in a garment can indicate a person’s social status or village of origin.
- The Guinness World Record for the fastest time to knit a sweater by hand is held by Miriam Tegels from the Netherlands, who knitted a sweater in just over four hours.
- Yarn can have therapeutic benefits, as the repetitive motions of knitting or crocheting can help reduce stress and anxiety levels.
For kids and adults.
These Are My Kids
100% Quality Guarantee
All of our Luvvies are made with acrylic and/or polyester yarn providing safe and innovative sensory experiences for children and adults alike. A soft and lovable friend that gets passed down through generations and picked up as family. You can choose an existing LiL Luvvies design or request a custom order. Either way, your Luvvie will be one of a kind and made with you in mind.